TBR — Washington, DC. (May 30, 2017) — The Gospel Music Industry is feeling a huge loss following the passing of Kenny Taylor “Mr. Gospel”. Based out of Washington, D.C., Kenny was a man who loved God. He was also the one person in the industry that you could count on to be everywhere, for everybody any day of the week. His roots in the music industry ran deep. From Images of Unity, Air Records, Music Advocate for Gospel Music Heritage Month to being a Record Executive, Manager for Eric Waddell & The Abundant Life Singers, Consultant to many behind the scenes and the connection for many to countless opportunities and opened doors where it was often impossible for most, Kenny was the man.
Kenny was the CEO of Teemade Productions, Inc., where he provided full services in Promotions, Retail & Street promotions. He focused on brand development. He also worked as a tour manager, booking manager, event promoter, in radio promotions and as a respected musician in his church.
Under his company’s name he also put together some of the largest Monday night musicals and Gospel concerts for the Gospel Music Workshop of America – Gospel Announcers Guild (GMWA –GAG). The beneficiaries of these concerts were not only those who attended the annual event but the Independent artists as well as national talent. As a result his popular concerts became an annual event during the annual GMWA – GAG Summer conventions. This annual event received the initial blessing from then Gospel Announcers Guild Chairman Al “The Bishop” Hobbs.
Kenny was known for delivering a long list of twenty or more performers with additional names often added only hours before show time. Sheilah Belle “The Belle” who has hosted his late night concerts for the past eight years during the GMWA-GAG says, “Kenny was simply amazing. Whatever city we were in, he always found a way to conceptualize the cities theme in decorations. From beach balls to the Mardi Gras in New Orleans to the Peach Tree theme in Atlanta, GA to filling up a large ballroom in Nashville, TN with a simply festive setting, Kenny would always go all the way out, handing out gift bags to everyone who attended. Sometimes before his late night concerts, he would hand me a long list of performers names as he walked from back stage to the front door to confirm everyone listed was present and accounted for. Sometimes he had me cracking up as we figured out ways to juggle the list to keep everyone happy on who would perform next. Those concerts usually ended up lasting late in the early morning hours, but he created rich memories for everyone involved.”
After the passing of Al “The Bishop” Hobbs, Kenny continued a strong working relationship, with the new Gospel Announcers Guild (GAG) Chair, Dennis Cole. It was in 2016, when the GAG name officially changed to The Alliance. With that transition, there were many changes, however Kenny and his Teemade Productions, Inc., remained on the books with a 2017 concert also in the works.
Cole said, “It was easy to work with Kenny because I trusted him. He worked with everyone and had a big heart. Sometimes when we would reach our cut off number, here comes Kenny saying, ‘I’ve got one more group I need to add on.”
Simply…Kenny Taylor was loved by many from the music industry, his church family, his inner circle, family and friends and those who even knew him from afar.
Kenny studied at Florida A & M University, and attended Coolidge Senior High School in Washington, D.C. He resided in Atlanta GA before putting permanent footing in Washington, D.C., where he had just completed the renovations on his home.
May we keep the family of Kenny Taylor and those close to him in prayer. He was truly one of the good guys and will be greatly missed!
Courtesy of www.thebellereport.com
BE SCENE: City.Life.Style Launch Preview Party
1. AJ Williams | Editor - City.Life.Style.1 of 34
2. Cathy Nedd | COO/Associate Publisher - Michigan Chronicle2 of 34
3. Charice Mitchell | She Rebels & AJ Williams3 of 34
4. AJ Williams | Editor - City.Life.Style.4 of 34
5. AJ Williams & Lee Watson5 of 34
6. TurnUP City.Life.Style.6 of 34
7. Terrence Woods | T.Woods Entertainment7 of 34
8. IMG_25418 of 34
9. LaVonne Ellis | Tealing Co.9 of 34
10. Candice Fortman | Marketing Manager (WDET) - Candegirl.com10 of 34
11. Tamone Martin | Mone Jones Entertainment11 of 34
12. Brooke Hill12 of 34
13. Selfies are a MUST!13 of 34
14. Jason Flowers, Tatiana Jackson, PB Atterberry, AJ Williams, Princess Hayes14 of 34
15. And the selfies continue15 of 34
16. Pose for the camera...click...click...click16 of 34
17. PB Atterberry, Princess Hayes, Tatiana Jackson17 of 34
18. Tatiana Jacksonn| Michigan Chronicle & De'Nisha Sh'lene | Author, Speaker18 of 34
19. Katrina Turnbow | An Office in Detroit & Tanisha Leonard | VP, Real Times Media19 of 34
20. It's a celebration20 of 34
21. The best light is the selfie light!!21 of 34
22. Lee Watson - Real Times Media22 of 34
23. Tiff Massey | Artist-Jeweler23 of 34
24. PB Atterberry24 of 34
25. Jason Flowers25 of 34
26. Princess Hayes26 of 34
27. Crystal Gray27 of 34
28. Christen Rochon | Divas and Dorks28 of 34
29. Marci B29 of 34
30. Angela Spencer Ford & Chelsea Mosely | Real Times Media30 of 34
31. De'Lisha Sh'lene, AJ Williams, Brooke Hill31 of 34
32. Swag Bags!!!32 of 34
33. First Edition - City.Life.Style.33 of 34
34. City.Life.Style Signature Drinks34 of 34
Text “Praise” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and inspirational news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE Praise 102.7 On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite Gospel Artists!