Season six of Centric’s hit docu-series, “BEING,” has chronicling the lives of six dynamic African American women during the month of March, including Detroit’s own gospel singer Kierra Sheard.
On the premiere episode, Grammy Award-winning singer songwriter, Chrisette Michele, addressed her controversial decision to perform at the 2017 Presidential Inaugural Ball, which thrust her into the national spotlight. In an intimate sit-down interview, Chrisette revealed her personal motivations and struggles in the face of incredible backlash.
Kierra Sheard and her episode of BEING is the story of a young woman born into a family of Gospel music royalty (The Clark Sisters) and a heavy Christian faith. With expectations set high to follow the successful blueprint already written, Kierra struggles to find her own way in both artistry and ministry. Not wanting to be boxed in by the presets of her mother and father, she is a lot more honest about her shortcomings than the gospel fan base is used to experiencing.
“BEING” featuring Kierra is on Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 10pm ET on Centric.
HelloBeautiful Presents Women To Know, Class Of 2017: The Comeback Queens
1. Maxine WatersSource:Getty 1 of 17
2. Soledad O'BrienSource:Getty 2 of 17
3. Michelle Gadsden-WilliamsSource:. 3 of 17
4. Jamira BurleySource:Getty 4 of 17
5. Lisa Nicole CarsonSource:Getty 5 of 17
6. Nadia LopezSource:Getty 6 of 17
7. Draya MicheleSource:Getty 7 of 17
8. Miko BranchSource:Getty 8 of 17
9. Regina KingSource:Getty 9 of 17
10. Gabourey SidibeSource:Getty 10 of 17
11. April RyanSource:Getty 11 of 17
12. Roxanne ShanteSource:Getty 12 of 17
13. Fantasia BarrinoSource:Getty 13 of 17
14. Savannah MaziyaSource:. 14 of 17
15. CiaraSource:Getty 15 of 17
16. Ricki FairleySource:Courtesy of Ricki Fairley 16 of 17
17. Terrie WilliamsSource:Getty 17 of 17
Text “Praise” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and inspirational news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE Praise 102.7 On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite Gospel Artists!