After Grammy-nominated gospel recording artist James Fortune pled guilty to assaulting his wife Cheryl Fortune last week, many within the Body of Christ went quiet. (via: EEWMagazine.com)
But social activist and Baltimore-based pastor Jamal Harrison Bryant said in a recent Periscope video, “I cannot afford with what is taking place in this hour to go silent and the church is being silent.”
The 44-year-old Empowerment Temple leader who told his followers, “I have a friendship and a relationship with both James and Cheryl Fortune,” did not, in any way, gloss over the issue at hand.
“Let me say uniformly, domestic violence is wrong. Domestic violence is out of order. Domestic violence is not the will of God,” said Bryant, who is known for speaking candidly about issues affecting the African-American community and the Black church.
34 Photos That Will Make You Miss The Obama Family Already
1. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 1 of 22
2. Two TermsSource:Getty 2 of 22
3. A Family AffairSource:Getty 3 of 22
4. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Getty 4 of 22
5. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 5 of 22
6. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza/The White House 6 of 22
7. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 7 of 22
8. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza/The White House 8 of 22
9. Always Giving BackSource:Getty 9 of 22
10. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 10 of 22
11. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 11 of 22
12. Obama Loves Team USA, His Wife & MaliaSource:Getty 12 of 22
13. Reading TimeSource:Getty 13 of 22
14. Family SupportSource:Getty 14 of 22
15. The Sister SelfieSource:Pete Souza/The White House 15 of 22
16. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza/The White House 16 of 22
17. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 17 of 22
18. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 18 of 22
19. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 19 of 22
20. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 20 of 22
21. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 21 of 22
22. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Getty 22 of 22
Get “The Yolanda Adams Morning Show”
Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “Praise” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and inspirational news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE Praise 102.7 On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite Gospel Artists!