Although she’s a gospel music singer, Michelle Williams is no fan of the Christmas season.
“Pray I get a better attitude about all this Christmas stuff. I’m not about all the [shopping], the decorations, the cards,” Williams said while guest hosting on “The Real” talk show Monday. “Please send me one, if you do I’ll gladly open up. I hear things will change if I get married and have children, but just keep me in your prayers.”
The 35-year-old “Believe in Me” singer said she believes the Christmas season shouldn’t be limited to a few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
“I think it’s just the pressure of everything,” Williams explained. . “I feel like it’s Christmas all year round.”
Williams is frequently transparent with her supporters about her feelings and previously revealed that she battled with a bout of depression in 2012 that dates back to when she was 15 years old.
While Williams admitted she did not want to deal with her issues for years, she didn’t realize that also meant she was not healed from certain situations. Years later, she sees the importance of both prayer and seeking professional help when dealing with depression.
Michelle Williams Says "Yes" To Praise Detroit
1. Randi Myles Hosts listening party for Michelle Williams1 of 15
2. Michelle Williams2 of 15
3. Signing autographs for a fan3 of 15
4. Michelle and Renata4 of 15
5. Michelle with a listener5 of 15
6. Michelle with a fan6 of 15
7. Michelle greeting a fan7 of 15
8. Michelle and an adoring fan8 of 15
9. Ms. Williams with a Praise Listener9 of 15
10. Michelle loving the kids10 of 15
11. Ms. Williams with an excited listener11 of 15
12. Michelle and a grateful listener12 of 15
13. Michelle with her super fan13 of 15
14. Ms Williams with a praise winner14 of 15
15. Michelle with her first listener15 of 15
Get “The Yolanda Adams Morning Show” Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “Praise” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and inspirational news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE Praise 102.7 On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite Gospel Artists!