Making a Thanksgiving wreath can be a lot of fun, not to mention the money that you can save doing it yourself. There are a few things that you will have to buy, but it is lot less money to make it yourself.
Make Sure to Read: 5 Natural Jet Lag Remedies
This wreath can be made as early as the first of September and also used for the Fall season right up to Thanksgiving day. You will need a big grapevine wreath about fifteen inches in diameter. You can buy these in any crafts store ready to decorate and they range in price from five to ten dollars.
While you’re in the crafts store, find these items that
You will need to make your wreath:
- Grapevine wreath
- Glue gun
- Plastic or cloth pumpkins (various sizes)
- Flowers (these are little bunches of assorted cloth sunflowers)
- Pine cones (these can be bought or you can go to your local park and find a few. Just make sure they are small to medium in size)
- Indian corn (you can buy this in the craft store and grocery store but the plastic corn is better because it will last forever)
- Stuffed animal (Try to find a stuffed animal, like a bear that has fall colors in it . This can also be bought in the crafts store. The stuffed animal should be about twelve inches high.)
Bring everything home and find a flat, large working surface. Lay all of your items out on the table. Begin with the grapevine wreath. The first thing to put on the wreath is the bear so that you will have a good idea where to put the other items around it. Glue a three by two inch piece of wood onto the wreath. This will be used to secure the bear onto the wreath. Make a small slit in the material of the bear and slip it inside the material so that the bear will not fall off of the wreath.