Stabenow Statement on State of the Union Address
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) released a statement following the 2018 State of the Union Address:
“Tonight, I was honored to be joined by Michigan Medal of Honor recipient and Vietnam veteran Jim McCloughan at the State of the Union Address. His participation is a reminder to all of us that we cannot take our values as a country or the people who keep us safe for granted. I remain committed to working with Republicans, Democrats, and the White House to get things done for Michigan families.”
This week, Senator Stabenow developed by Congress or the White House. She pointed to the critical needs of Michigan’s roads and bridges, water and sewer systems, broadband network, harbors on the Great Lakes, and Soo Locks.
Veterans’ health care has been a longstanding priority for Senator Stabenow. She recently introduced the to address serious problems in the federal Veterans Choice Program and to give veterans the same preventive health insurance coverage as the general public. She has championed the effort to open new and expanded VA clinics across the state, including in Alpena, Bad Axe, Cadillac, Clare, Cheboygan County, Grayling, Oscoda, and Wyoming.
How To Live Your Best Life: According To Oprah's Quotes (PHOTOS)
1. Relax & LiveSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Be Grateful For The StruggleSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Live Like A QueenSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Try AgainSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Educate YourselfSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Invest In Great FriendsSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Dream BigSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. HealingSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Speaking UpSource:Getty 9 of 9