Whether your candidate or proposal won or not… you have to admit, this election season has been brutal. Especially since just about EVERYONE had their opinions posted on social media. Here’s a great article I found in ECIPLESHIP for Passionate Christ-Followers by Ivan Veldhuizen to help us navigate.
The election is over. Whew! It was a long stretch.
Now we can move on and get our focus back on a few other things — some things that are more important than a presidential race. I know, I know — it’s important, we have a Christian responsibility to be vote and be involved in the political process. I believe that so much that our family stood in line for nearly 4 hours just to vote yesterday. Somehow, though, I can’t help but wonder what would happen if we Christians were as passionate for the Kingdom of God as we are for our politicians.
We’ve all heard a lot of overstatements by fellow believers…and may have even stated a few of our own:
- “This is the end of things if this election goes bad.”
- “God will have to apologize to Sodom and Gommorah if he is elected.”
- “This will be God’s judgement on America if he is our president.”
So–in this post-election morning when we awake to our President’s re-election victory–let’s be reminded of a few very important truths:
- God has been deeply involved in this election. Isaiah 40:21-22 states, “Haven’t you heard? Don’t you understand? Are you deaf to the words of God— the words he gave before the world began? Are you so ignorant? God sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him!”
- God knows what He needs to accomplish and how to get it done. Romans 11:33-34 reminds us,“How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice?”
Read the rest from Ivan Veldhuizen Here~~~> ECIPLESHIP for Passionate Christ-Followers!